Clinical research and education at St Vincent’s Clinic is greatly assisted by generous individual’s bequests and In Memoriam donations. Your special gift can help us to support our future research and developments. Our research helps to develop the body of knowledge that underpins medical practice, which in turn means better patient care.
In Memoriam Donation
To honour a loved one who has passed away, gifts to the St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation can be made in lieu of flowers.
Making an in memoriam donation is a way for family and friends to make a contribution to fund research into finding a cure or improved treatments in memory of their loved one. We can provide you with information prior to the funeral to ensure your donation is directed to the area of research most suited to your wishes.
There are a number of ways you can help St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation through a bequest in your Will:
- You can give a specific amount of money to St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation. This is the simplest form of bequest
- You can provide a percentage of your estate - for example 50%, 20% or 10% for St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation. In this way, the relative proportions of your estate that go to family and friends and to St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation, are not affected by changes in the size of your estate or by inflation
- After providing for your family and friends, you may decide to leave the residue of your estate (i.e. what is left) to St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation
- You can leave St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation a particular item or items - such as shares, property or other items of value (Note: Due to possible taxation ramifications, you should discuss this option with your solicitor)
- You can take a life insurance policy or endowment policy with St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation nominated as the sole beneficiary. (Note: Due to possible taxation ramifications, you should discuss this option with your solicitor)
If you are considering a bequest to St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation, the following forms of wording, depending on the type of bequest can be used:
“I give St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation, 438 Victoria St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010,
a) the sum of $_____________ (or)
b) __________% of my estate (or)
c) the residue of my estate
(insert either a, b or c) to be used by St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation for medical research (or, you can nominate research in a particular area, or for medical education) and I direct that the receipt of the Executive Director of St Vincent’s Clinic shall be sufficient discharge to my Executor(s) who is not bound to see to its application”
(note: If you are considering a bequest for medical research in a particular area, we would appreciate you or your solicitor discussing with us the description you propose to use, so we can ensure that your bequest achieves what you have in mind.)